Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Eve & The Turkey

With all this time on my hands I just don't know what to do! Therefore I shall blog to keep you all up to date with the happenings here in Greeley over the Christmas Holiday. Christmas Eve was very festive with a wonderful candlelit service at St. Patrick. Then it was off to our house for cookies, chips, dip, and Eric's favorite Christmas Eve tradition, little smokies. I pulled the S'mores maker out and we all sat around the table and enjoyed the company of friends.


Our dogs were surprisingly well behaved. Could their improved behavior be our Christmas miracle? Probably not...more likely it was the 2 mile snowshoeing trek we took earlier in the day.
Late that night Eric started brining his first Christmas Turkey. I helped make the salt, onion, maple syrup mixture and then pour it over our very fine looking 12 pound turkey. We went to bed hoping Santa would be nice to us and Eric arose early to put his Turkey on the grill.

We then opened a mountain of gifts (thanks Moms, Dads, Grandparents, andThe Greenes!) Eric and I finished cooking for Christmas Day at the Chastains and watched A Christmas Story two more times. Eric looks forward to the 24 hour marathon that TBS shows each year.
We are about to have an amazing meal at the Chastain loft. Blayne's parents, The Farnsworths, Mel, Kathy, Eric, and I will enjoy a smoked turkey, ham, and about 10 other side dishes.
Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

What I Did On My Summer Vacation said...

What is it with Blayne and funny pictures?

mel said...

it is blayne all his pictures are funny!

i want some copies of those from that nite too!