Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Garden




I worked all day today to finish digging up our back garden...it has been at least 80 hours of work to clean it up, since it was overgrown for numerous years before we even bought the place. For those of you who remember what this area looked like last year you can really appreciate it! The hedges were twice as high (we like our new neighbors so seeing their place is wonderful) and there were piles of excess weeds and clippings piled high. I did get the final hard digging done today (I filled up 4 garbage bags full of just roots) and even managed to plant a few perennials and find a bird bath after these pictures were taken. I plan to plant veggies in the brick lined beds, and the part in the front with the rock will be mulched with a wildflower garden and other nice flowers that Eric chooses. Here is a picture of my lettuce too!

2 comments:

TT said...

The garden looks great! I am jealous. We probably won't have a garden this year (mostly because we are trying to get the backyard ready for a wedding!)

The Asian Sensation said...

oooo!!! i like! your baby lettuce is cute. :) can i rent a section of your garden to plant stuff in since i don't know when i'll be moving and i don't want to invest in my garden if i have to move? how do you keep the dogs out?