Sunday, June 29, 2008

Summer

As a teacher I LOVE summer. I have been able to do some biking, yard work, and visit the Green Dump. I have attended many great classes (ecology, science notebooks, science curriculum) and am keeping busy. But the weather has been great and I'm enjoying every minute of a much needed break. Here are some photos of the past few weeks.

Last week we celebrated Blayne's birthday. Here's Blayne modeling Eric's gift for everyone. "This is why I'm hot" was an instant hit.


The morning before I went up to Drake to help Mark roof his house, Joanna and I took an amazing bike ride through Masonville. We made it up to Horsetooth Reservoir and posed our bikes so we could take a quick break. It was a GREAT ride.


Here's the front of the house Mark and Sarah are building near Drake, Colorado. It's going to be amazing and it has been fun helping them along the way.


Here's the south side of the house (Rokon in front!) and you can see how much Kathy and I got done on the roof. We made some progress.


Here's what Eric did while we were roofing. Actually, he watched the dogs and made sure we were all well fed.



During the heat of the day, when roofing shingles burn, we went down to the Big Thompson River to splash around. Here's Mark trying to soak one of the dogs...


Eric coaxed Audrey into crossing the river. She wasn't to sure about it!


Mark was throwing a ball for Nikita to fetch in the rapids but when the dog failed to get the ball it almost swept down the river. Mark ran after it and unfortunately fell over- but he did manage to get the ball!



Kathy and I finished this side of the house, which is the laundry room. It was a lot of fun cutting in, though I was designated to the edge of the roof since I don't seem to fear it as much as the others. I think I could actually roof a house on my own now, which is scary!


Eric made Kathy a steak that night and we all had an amazing feast of meat and smores. Until the house passes code there is no running water or electricity so we made a campfire. Eric sure can grill!!!


After 10 or more smores, Mark decided it would be fun to spit alcohol into the fire. Here's the result.


We are headed out on vacation in a few weeks so I'll be sure to post pictures of our travels down south.

No comments: