Thursday, June 12, 2008

Yummy

Many of you know that a tornado ripped through here a few weeks ago, and hit Windsor, a town about 10 miles west of us. After I heard that the hardest area hit was near Water Valley, I began to panic.

Last spring Stefan, Eric, and I went bike riding on the Poudre Trail to Windsor/Water Valley. We noticed a lot of commotion near some new businesses so we veered off the trail about 100 yards and found that a new coffee shop was celebrating a grand opening. We were on our way home (and hungry) and this place was giving away free drinks and hot dogs! How convenient to have a coffee shop directly on the path I loved to ride (and only 16 miles from my house!) Lattes, Walrus ice cream, shave ice, burritos- you name it, they had it! Stefan and I began making this a biweekly 32 mile round trip journey, motivated by our favorite biking drug-caffeine. Why blood dope when you can legally imbibe matte or coffee to biking greatness?

Can you see why I was in a panic when I heard the F3 tornado hit Water Valley? I thought for sure the Bungalow (that's the name of our beloved coffee shop) was demolished. Ironically, Stefan had been headed to the Bungalow when the tornado hit, but he decided to turn around when he the hail began pelting his helmet...
I know, you want to know if the shop is still standing. And thankfully it is. With great weather this month I've been there 4 times in the last two weeks. My new favorite is their cinnamon roll with a cup of their house blend. Take a look at this treat...


It's heaven when biking. Two minutes later...


Hope you can make a bike ride with me to the Bungalow soon (or even meet us there for a late morning cup of coffee). Here's to 100 miles next week and many more cinnamon rolls...

No comments: