Saturday, October 4, 2008

Changing Colors

When I first moved out here I didn't think much of the highly tauted "fall colors" in Estes. I came from a place where fall meant more than yellow, and included hillsides full of reds, yellows, oranges, and greens. But now that I've been out here for a few years I decided to see what all the fuss was about. I'll admit, the flaming yellows within dark greens were pretty amazing. But no, it still doesn't compare to back east.
Kathy and I drove up to Estes through Glenhaven and took some nice pictures of the fall colors.






I wish I had known that it was "Elk Fest" downtown before we got caught in the traffic. We managed to get cotton candy and a cookie for Eric despite feeling like cattle being herded. And as you saw above, the dogs had to enjoy the day from the confines of the Subaru-No Dogs Allowed in RMNP.



Dogs from an Asian perspective...

No comments: