Sunday, September 7, 2008

13.1 miles-The Last Hoorah

Yep, it's time to train for another race. This time I'm going to be a little more serious in my training and start early and slow. None of the jumping into running 5 miles at a time after no running for a year. It is going to help to have a training partner...Eric! You read that right, Eric is going to run the race too. He seems kind of excited about it, but a little apprehensive about all the training. We've decided to do a lot of treadmill running in the evenings when the weather is too cold to run outside. We'll throw in some biking, swimming, cross-training, and weight lifting in between the runs. Personally I think Eric could probably go out tomorrow and run 13 miles faster than I will after 33 weeks of training, but he will keep me motivated and push me hard. There's nothing like competing with someone! It's my last hoorah-the final event for my tired old bones and joints...after this there will only be biking and swimming for me.
Anyone interested in joining us?

Oh, FYI Mark and Sarah had their baby-a little girl. I hope they can move into their house soon!

No comments: