Thursday, September 18, 2008

Party at the Parrish's

We have finally exhausted our back porch insurance claim. Now that we see the final product, we are glad that the big snowstorm of 2006 destroyed our back porch!

Next year we are going to try to add a pergola to the area, along with enclosing the screened in portion. However, we are very happy with what we have at this point and as soon as the final coat of sealant can take traffic we plan to have a party.



It's been a very busy time with school starting. Some of you know that I do a lot of extra work through a program called GK 12 and that has started again. I'll be writing grants and proposals, as well as planning new projects for our school. This is all separate from our normal school curriculum, but it gives me opportunities like doing research on the prairie and taking trips to present this research. Since our middle school is only 1 year old I have a lot I want to see happen in the next few years- so yes, that means I really like my new job. Along with the projects there have been funds alloted for teachers to take graduate courses online and on weekends so I'm going to find some that sound interesting. So if you don't hear from me that's why.

No comments: