Friday, September 26, 2008

Cache

Ok, so many of you saw my post on Facebook about my dog Cache and were a bit concerned. Ah, having a dog...

I went to the pound in 2003 to get a dog because I was lonely. Blayne went with me and said that Cache looked like a winner and I should get her. Why did I listen to Blayne? Who knows, but I got Cache and we went home. She turned out to be quite the handful, on the neurotic side, and energetic. I worked with her and today her behavior is much better. During this time Eric and I started dating (the first time) and he really liked Cache. After we broke up, he would still come over and take her for walks and play with her. Since he was lonely, he decided he should get his own dog-that's where Audrey, the incontinent stubborn bitch comes in. So there we are, single and lonely, each with a weird dog. Then we end up dating again and you know the rest of the story. So since we weren't lonely anymore we were stuck with two dogs-who HATE each other. I mean HATE. There are times when they fight and draw blood, and if Eric didn't physically launch himself on both of them they would fight until death. We are working on this with them, but it's been frustrating. So then they start chewing and getting into things while we were at work, so we begin kennel training them for their own good. That goes just fine until Cache starts vomiting and having other "issues" in the kennel. On more than one occasion I would come home to a mess and spend the evening cleaning the kennel and area around it. NOT FUN.
So last week I came home and there was a very bad mess and this time it looked like blood. I took her outside and she continued to be sick, from both ends, and it looked like pure blood. She kept looking at me with these big eyes and I knew something was wrong. So we took her into the vet and they were concerned it was a rupture in her digestive tract of some sort of puncture from something she ate. So we end up running all these tests...lots of $$$ worth of tests... The vet calls me and says they can't find anything. So they sent us home with antibiotics and dog food for a sensitive stomach. I wasn't sure whether to be happy or not-it's always better when you can figure out what the problem is.

So Cache has been ok since, though we now have her on a very bland diet and she is not allowed to have any other food, at all, ever. We'll see if that stops the mess. That's my not-so-interesting story of what happened to Cache.

1 comment:

Buckingham Palace said...

oh geez! I hope Cache is okay!