Sunday, May 17, 2009

Biking

It has been a busy week. I took my 7th grade students to the Poudre Learning Center to do independent scientific research. That sounded like a good idea last winter when the idea was born, but it took me all week to get things organized and make sure the students would be ready for the trip on Friday. Overall it went well and I'm looking forward to reading their final papers.
On Friday night we went to the Farnsworth's for a cookout. Erin was her usual cute self and here she is with Courtney.

And Cheryl...

Saturday Eric and I went looking for a patio set. Instead we ended up trying out couches for our basement. After sitting on many couches, we decided to try a very cushy looking one that was actually two recliners you push together to make a mini couch. Despite the awful color and very squishy appearance, we fell in love with it. If this fits in our basement you will all be happy, trust me!

Today (Sunday) Joanna and I rode in the Community Classic Bike Tour. We had fun despite a few flats and lots of climbs.

Here are our bikes resting while we get some yummy food. Carter Lake is in the background.

Here we are in Masonville. Some nice guys changed Joanna's first flat on the ride.


Yet another nice guy, James, changing a flat tire...

And then there was Roy (I think that was his name), a professional bike repair guy who found that Joanna's rim had a little sharp point that was causing all the flats. He fixed that and we were on our way to the finish.

I would recommend this tour for anyone. There are 10, 30, 37, and 62 mile options. We'll definitely be doing the 62 again next year!

1 comment:

The Asian Sensation said...

sign me up for the 10!!! ;)

that couch looks very comfy. looks like a nice place to crash when i come visit. :)