Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Bungalow

Many of you know that I have two addictions (currently), coffee and biking. Last year I'd ride with friends from Greeley to Windsor and stop at the Bungalow coffee shop . The shop is located right off the Poudre Trail in the perfect location for bikers. The coffee would call my name and I'd push on to enjoy a good cup and a yummy pastry of some sort. Then last winter I found out the place went out of business and confirmed this by driving there to see. I was very, very sad. Then two weeks ago I went for a bike ride with a friend and we were about to turn around at the end of the trail when I decided to ride to the shop and make sure it was closed. To my surprise the sign glowed "open" so I went inside to see for myself. Turns out two girls from Boulder decided to buy the place, make some improvements, and reopen. Thankful I brought some money we bought a cup of coffee and made plans to ride again. Ah happiness...
Here's the route we take. This map was created from my Garmin 405 GPS watch. It's an amazing way to track routes and pace.

Anyone up for a coffee ride?

No comments: