Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I want a nanny...

I'm spoiled. For two weeks someone has been here to hold, rock, and feed Shannon. I've been able to work outside around the house and get things done that were put on hold as I threw up last summer (I had all day sickness all of August and September!). My parents were here and grandma got to rock Shannon a lot. I was also able to do some deep cleaning of the house or just relax. It was SO nice. The best part was that Kathy took 3 consecutive nights of night feedings. Shannon is becoming a good sleeper, but usually wakes up at least once during the night to eat and then is ready to get up and start her day by 6. I was able to get 8-10 hours of sleep each night! Therefore, as the title of this post indicates, "I want a nanny!" Until we win the lottery and can lure Kathy back to get her phd in Shannon rather than biomechanics, I guess I'll be the one stumbling through the night to feed and change my little girl. The smiles in the morning are all worth it.
She's such a happy baby, especially in the morning!

Shannon's first game of Settlers.

Kathy and Shannon cuddling.

Shannon was very interested in the pines in Rocky Mountain National Park. I hope this is a sign she'll love being outdoors!

She wasn't too thrilled about the short hike around Sprague Lake.

Darcy will be staying at Camp Parrish for a few days. She's sporting her new do! She won't have her best friend, Cache, to play with since Cache went to Ohio to stay with my parents.

No comments: