Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fall is Here!

This morning we woke up to a cool drizzle and I definitely felt fall in the air. Eric was super and got up with our little morning girl at her usual 5am and let me sleep in until 7. Of course I bundled Shannon up to head out to the farmers market, our Saturday morning tradition.

We were waiting in line in the picture above to buy yummy Colorado peaches (Eric's favorite).
(Alyssa & Sam-can you see which hat Shannon is wearing?)

Shannon is going to Vanderbilt from Jennifer Parrish on Vimeo.


Since it was drizzling, I hurried to drink my coffee, bought a burrito for Eric, and we headed home. Shannon always falls asleep on the drive back and then takes a decent morning nap all "roasty toasty" (as Bradley Barnes would say) in her car seat. Soon enough she'll be running around the farmers market on Saturday morning and I bet by next year we'll be sharing a warm cinnamon roll with each other. I'm looking forward to little weekly rituals and starting traditions that she'll remember forever. Hmmm, I have very distinct memories from age 3 on that consist of hunting and cleaning rabbits, squirrels, and deer, weeding the garden, picking strawberries from our garden before anyone else was out of bed, and the smells of our kitchen during canning season. I hope that Shannon gets to experience those things, minus the hunting and cleaning of rabbits of course.
Yesterday Shannon started to crawl, though I don't think she's really aware of what she's doing. I think we are safe from a mobile baby for at least a few more weeks. I love how athletic and active she is! I always want to encourage her to be this way and am very glad we live so close to an amazing park. I just hope she doesn't start climbing over our fence to escape the backyard!

I give it two weeks from Jennifer Parrish on Vimeo.

No comments: