Monday, September 13, 2010

I must be crazy

Most of you already knew I was crazy but I'm going to confirm it. Yesterday I went for a long bike ride and felt really good. It's been a long time since I would consider myself to be fit (having the standard I set back in 1996 when I was in top college basketball shape) and all I could think about as I maintained a very good pace was how I was going to train for a half-iron man. A 1.2 mile swim...then a 60+ mile bike ride...and finish with a half-marathon (13.1 miles). You see, I found out last week that both an iron man and half iron man would be held this fall near my hometown in Ohio at the BEST amusement park in the universe, Cedar Point. I had no idea! I looked online and saw that it would be held again next fall and the wheels started turning. It makes perfect sense to use the opportunity to visit friends and family, plus it will keep me motivated all winter to train. I think I'll start my official training in a month, with the Nashville half-marathon as a gauge in April to see how fit I am and then make the decision whether or not to register for the half iron man.
For now I'll post some super cute pictures I took today of Shannon while we lounged outside in the grass. She's my motivation!




No comments: